Monday, May 30, 2011

Good Energy

The community is all a buzz! We haven't been open a full year yet, so I am not used to the ebbs and flows of our community, but I am rapidly being brought up to speed. On a beautiful day, people are all over the community - walking, experiencing, chatting, buzzing. We all send each "guest" to each other's shops and we do so proudly. People keep walking past my big ol' window and I keep noticing them. I need to stop doing that so I can keep baking, but for now, I can't help but notice all the energy.

Speaking of energy...I am a huge Oprah fan. I love her authenticity and her quest and stand for greatness. A guest of hers gave her a quote that she put in her dressing room so that she would notice it before each show. It reminds her to be mindful of the energy she brings to her arena. I have always believed in that exact teaching and even more so now that my stage has expanded. Some days it's easier than others, but overall, I am very mindful of the energy I put out in the world and especially that which can be considered "captured" within my four aqua walls.

There are days that I don't feel that I can possibly bring Sally Sunshine's best out, but it just takes one beautiful customer to help me be mindful of that energy check. Last week, Sunday actually, it was a young lady, about 10 or 11 going to tea with her mom. She was coming to get a little something to hold off their hunger and she said to me "how will choose something...you made so many great looking things"!

I love her energy. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment