Monday, September 12, 2011

Oh What a Day it Was!

As celebrations go, ours was fantastic! I was totally prepared for the day, though I continued to bake and bake and bake all day long to keep up. It felt good to know that no matter who walked in that day, I was gonna have a ton of stuff to offer AND I was gonna be able to enjoy a chat with them.

I was SHOWERED with amazing energy from customers, friends, and family ALL day long. One after the other -- almost like they had appointments. Some drove as far as Waterford and Hartland to see me/the shoppe, and some simply walked across the street! One after the other, leaving all their good, positive, supportive energy, good will & wishes, and prayers with me for another successful year to come and a few "atagirls" for the year completed.

My husband sent a bouquet of flowers (stunning I may add!), my Dad & Stepmom brought a fun balloon, my landlord brought flowers and champagne (ok, he wins!!) and not that any of that was needed, necessary or expected, it all seemed to be the added sparkle to the already amazing day!! We sang outloud (even though I'm not supposed to)...had a little Daytime Dance...and hugged a lot!

The day ended with my family getting a pizza (just like on our first day), all four of us chatting about what happened all day, and me going to bed before any of them with a smile on my face and a renewed sense of energy to start year #2. As hard as this is, I'm becoming more and more proud of the work I do and less and less critical of my self and my "work". I'm understanding that not everyone will like my bakery, but those that do, will more than like it, they will love it and tell others and bring in more people that do the same and then those people will enter and leave my bakery, and my life, with even more smiles.

I'm not sure what the coming year will bring, how this construction will affect us, how our growth will manifest itself, but I STILL trust that God alone "...knows the plans (He)/I (has)/have for you..." ~ Jeremiah 29:10.

1 comment: