Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blond Brownies by 2 Brunettes!

My mom (Gramma Sara) was helping in the bakery yesterday and I asked her to make some Blond Brownies to sell. Now, Gramma Sara will be the first to tell you that she is no baker, would rather be play in the dirt than making a dirt cake and yet, every Wednesday she comes in to help me get caught up. I love that.

So I gave her that Blond Brownie recipe cuz they really are simpley dimpley! 'Cept, it didn't go just right. And that's OK -- insert your gasp here! I took that mixture that didn't work out right and knew what we could do to fix it simpley dimpley and WAAA-LAAAH -- a FANTASTIC Blond Brownie made fantastically by two Brunettes!

I thought I would share the recipe we created here for you - insert another gasp, right?! A baker giving away her recipes? Why not? Every once and a while, wouldn't it be fun to make some of the yum you have at Sally's? I thought so....

Here is our scrumptious recipe! (And you can add ANYTHING you want to these -- we made ours w/ white chocolate chips THIS time!!)

BLOND BROWNIES anyone can make, no matter what color their hair is

Mix 3/4 c. of SOFTENED or melted butter (or margarine) with
2 c. packed brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla (imitation is best for this recipe) and then add
3 eggs
after that is combined (and you can do this entirely by hand) add
2 cups flour
pinch or two of salt
2 tsp. baking powder and mix all of this until blended together.

Then add whatever treats you would like to: butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, nuts, M&M's, peanut butter chips or mini cups, chopped candy bars, toffee bits -- ANYTHING and everything!

Pour into a GREASED (we used baking SPRAY -- like Pam) 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Then, moan while you enjoy these soft little nibblers of luv'!

You can thank me later............

No comments:

Post a Comment