Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sexy Roxy

There's a new addition to our sassy little bakery! It's very exciting! It's also about time, really.

When I was 19, I had a last minute gift to buy for Christmas - literally last minute -- it was Christmas Eve EVE! I was walking through Brookfield Square Mall and ran into my dad and step mom. Couldn't believe it! First of all, my dad hates people (and there are a lot of them in the mall). Secondly, my dad doesn't do malls (what with all the walking and people and crap he doesn't want).

"Hey! What are you doing here?!"

"Getting your Christmas present, that's what."

"Mmmm, whatcha gettin' me, Big Daddy?" :o)

The next day, under the tree, was Ethel. My white, Kitchenaid, 4.5 quart mixer, and I loved her. I mean love her. She's 24 years old and has been working her little grinder off at the bakery since September 1st. She has performed this well for the last 24 years with no whining or complaining...until recently. I can hear her whining a little and, quite frankly, I miss having her at home.

So as of today, Ethel has been put back on my counter, at home, where she belongs and her new bigger, baby sister, Roxy, has moved into the bakery as the new workhorse. She's bright and shiny and big and a little dark with her special Satin Metal finish -- very tough looking.

I will grow to love her, in time. She will just need to prove herself a bit first. Ethel will always be my first love, but I feel very strongly that there is enough room in my heart to love them both. So far, Roxy has proven that she can make my scones with much less effort and mess, so I am already very pleased at her first day performance.

It's so nice to be able to grow, isn't it?! :o)

2 comments: