Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Original Sally's

OK, so I almost didn't want to blog today because now those stinkin' darn cute pictures of the Cake Smash are below my screen when I look at my blog, but I just had to!!

My new "friend" Tom, a local retiree who lives right behind Sally's, is one of my "regulars", an amateur photographer, and life-time Genesee-an, and married to our Town Chairperson (who happens to be the daughter of one of the former Town of Genesee Chairpersons!), gave me THIS picture to hang in my bakery!!

Right now, you are probably asking yourself, what the heck did he give her THAT for? Well, this is the original Ford Dealership and John Deere Tractor Dealership back in the day.

What's more fascinating is that the window all the way to the right.....that's SALLY'S!!! I KNOW RIGHT!!! That is the original function and building and that now houses Sally's Sweet Shoppe!


I'm so touched by his gift and enthralled by having it adorning my walls and all the stories that go with it! I could stare at it forever...well, ok, maybe I would have to stop to look at pictures of Ava during her Cake Smash once and a while, but other than that....... Can you see it hanging on my wall behind the cooler case? How cool is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment