Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Purpose of this Blog

I'm not a "goal" person, but, I do need to be aligned with my mission or vision. With that, my blogs have been suffering because of my lack of said purpose. I think that may becoming a bit clearer for me here, on Sally's blog.

My customers made me think of it really. They are, and always have been, genuinely interested and caring of the success of the bakery. I tell them stories or facts or information. So then why is it that I wonder what purpose my blog serves. Why is my blog not speaking to more folks the way I do in the bakery...frankly, authentically, engaged. And there, all the while, it's right in front of me.

So Day One of serving the mission if this blog........

It's been a slow two weeks in the bakery. Last week I understood why (Ten Chimneys was closed for tours), but this week I haven't a clue why, and since we've not been open a year yet, I don't have any sales records to compare to or possibly find excuses in. I was most thankful this week for the many cake orders and also for a huge dinner roll order (for a wedding). That was our salvation this week. One of the other business owners called me earlier in the week to see how we we're doing because she was so slow. I was pleased to be able to tell her that we we're having a good day, but then, I think that I "jinxed" it! Uggh! We even had one of, if not the, slowest Sunday on record.

Well, here's to brighter and busier tomorrows! And also to finding purpose.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the "p" word.
    It's a bugger, isn't it.

    While I'm sure you'll find there are lots of reasons - purposes - for your little slice of sweet heaven, I think one of them has to be the satisfaction of smiles you put on people's faces.

    I must say I'm wishin' you were in Jax. this week, so I could put you to work!

    ReplyDelete