Monday, August 15, 2011

Things Coming Back to Normal...or whatever that is!

Well, the two week "drought" is past. Life at the bakery is back to normal-ish. I'm glad that I am able to talk to the veterans in the area about business and compare notes. It's helpful (though still yucky) to know that the area businesses also are happy the last two weeks are over. So slow was it in Genesee, that the restaurant across the street did, on a Saturday, what they normally do on a Monday! Buh-Bye last two weeks...hello new week!

I have completed some very big projects this past month and am preparing for the next big steps to grow the bakery. I haven't done one single thing to advertise our business (except my perfect $30 flag) and that needs to be the next steps I take ... slowly and with intention. I want to make sure that our little bakery continues to do a good job and that means that you have to be intentional about how fast and in what direction you go.

I would love to work with more businesses to make their events fantastic. For instance, we have this great Bed & Breakfast in Wales (The Pedlr's Inn) and I need to get in there to chat with Dee about how I could help her make her guest's stays more memorable. Does she need decorated cakes for birthday celebrations? I would love to continue to use the bakery to touch people, cuz I really think that is why I love baking in the first place.

Maybe you have an idea for my growth? I would love to hear it so that I can put it on my Ideas for Possibility list. I have a description under that title that says -- It will require a suspension in your disbelief. I like that! So true and so important to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment