Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thank You's

Lately I have been having some trouble with my right arm. OK, that's not fully authentic, but I'm a tough broad like my mom. Truth is, during the course of the night I am in extreme pain due to some weird muscle spasm that has taken over my entire right upper back, the front of my chest and is shooting pain and numbness into my hand (mostly my thumb) so typing, writing, talking on the phone, squeezing a pastry bag are all extremely difficult for me to do right now. That's my excuse for why I have not written much lately.

However, last night I was able to FINALLY finish all of my thank you cards to everyone for their gifts, help, generosity, etc. in getting Sally's off the ground. And before I loose all feeling in my thumb, I wanted all of you to know how all of these people helped me!

Merry Me: Thank you for your never ending energy, kind letters, cards and the gift of my pewter teaspoon set and magnetic spoon. Thank you for sending a postcard to remind me to SHINE and having it arrive ON my first day in business!

Becky Knippel: Growing up, I thought my mom and Becky were inseparable...now I know why. Two days before the big day, Becky helped John and I cover eight seats and backs for the tables that now adorn our bakery. And may I just say, it was some of the physically hardest stuff I ever did! AND she got me to stay up until almost midnight to finish them! Thank you for giving so much of your night and strength to help me Becky! I love you.

Matt & Linda Planning: I never met these people in my life and one day I have a call from a woman who heard I was going to have a kitschy mid century feel to my bakery and did I want another table and chair set -- FOR FREE, oh and all the fabric to cover both sets for next to nothing? Not yes, but Heck yes! :o) The kindness of strangers restores my heart and I consider Matt and Linda to be anything but strangers at this point. Oh, and if you ever see them in the bakery, Puh-lease don't be sittin' at their table cuz they have lifetime first rights to it! :o)

Dad & (Sara)Mom: How do you say thank you to your dad after he has given a solid week of his time - putting all other jobs aside -- to build my bakery? I don't think you can, though I have tried to think of something. My bakery is beautiful Dad and my counter is the Cat's Meow! :o) And Mom, thank you for all the work you have done in my bakery including all the work you do NOW with your name tag on! I love having you there to help me!!

Al, Tam, Grant, CP, and Ikey: Thank you boys for giving up one of your afternoons to help me during construction -- it was a fun field trip! Thanks Ikey for folding all those boxes and Granters for helping get things ready. Thank you CP for helping with the wallpaper removal and making that fun and thank you Sissy for your stuff from the cabin, your card reminding me it was OK to leap in faith, and for all of your little gifts in support of my bakery (and for doing dishes!!) :o)

Anastasia: Thank you for all my beautiful, one of a kind, Sally pieces! My OPEN/CLOSED sign, my sample platter, my hours sign, my suggestion box, pen and pad, fun name tags...for helping me in the bakery to prepare for the parties, for your unyielding belief in my success, and for your love and friendship and honesty.

Kelly: Thank you for all of your picture taking, for my framed pictures of my baked treats, for helping me in the bakery, and for your constant positive energy for our success! Thank you for coming to support me and for telling so many people about Sally's (and for bringing them all out)!! I soooo appreciate it!!

Auntie Val, Auntie Lisa, Dad & Ginny: Thank you for the plants and for coming out to bring your good energy to the bakery! AVSQ, thank you for doing all those dishes! :o)

Jim & Kathy: Thank you for the ice cream and the champagne...if you would have just brought french fries too, you would have given me my favorite three things!! :o)

Charlie: Thank you for my magic fairy wand and for being a part of our first day. Thank you for your kind words about the bakery and for heartfully giving me the space. I hope that every little girl that walks in the bakery feels like a princess!

Billy: Seriously...refer to the post! :o)

Cupcake: Thank you for helping me in the bakery! I loved having you play with me! Seems so natural for us to be in a kitchen creating together and I can't wait for you to wear your name tag again!

Chelley: Thank you for being my greatest marketing representative! :o) Thank you for the plates and all things Aqua for the bakery! Thank you mostly for bringing the boys in so often to tell me how much they love me (you know, just before they get their cookie!!) :o)

Macey: Honey, thank you for always asking Momma to bring you to the bakery and thank you for making me a beautiful bracelet to wear in the bakery. My customers just love how pretty it looks on me when I am getting them their treats!

To everyone who prayed for me and still is, thank you. Above all else, thank you for that -- for my success is due in large part to the plans that God has for me and living out those plans feels like a fulfillment.

And thank you to Gracey, Mary and Buddy who have decided that it is OUR bakery and that they will be a big part of its success. I may have the best customers in the world, but I have an even better family.

I know this is long overdue and that I may even need to post an update or two, but I hope that you will all know that it doesn't lessen the thanks I feel in my heart for your help and the gratitude I feel knowing that I truly could not have done this without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment