Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sam's Got Nuthin' on Me!

When we first decided to open the bakery, we "toured" tons of other bakeries to see what they all did, looked like, charged, made, etc. Even Sam's Club - yes, Sam's Club. I thought to myself, "Hmmm, that's what they charge for a cake? Guess I won't be sellin' many cakes".

I'm not too smart, I guess! :o) My kitchen is completed filled with cake layers for all of the cakes I have to make this weekend - FILLED!! I actually can't accept another order for this weekend because I simply can't do any more. How funny is that? A better question is, How GREAT is that?!

I say it all the time (as people ask me nearly everyday), this sweet little town will not let me fail -- will not let this bakery fail. It's a sweet old fashioned business in a sweet, historical town and folks like the fit. Big Ol' Box Stores have their place, just not 'round these here parts. So I'm gonna keep making cakes for all these family celebrations and proudly give them all a receipt that says Sally's Sweet Shoppe on it. And at the bottom of the receipt, we don't give you some arbitrary code to put in for an electronic survey, we extend a sincere thanks "for being sweet on us" and we hope that we have lived up to your expectations....which I'm guessing are higher than those they have for Sam's Club! :o)

2 comments:

  1. As you know from just talking to me on the phone, you saved me. Didn't get a chance until now to order my daughter's birthday cake but my spirits sagged when I read your blog while dialing and saw that you could not take another order. Timing is everything as they say and since you just had a cancellation, you could fit me in. Thanks so much! YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the "You Rock" message is getting around.
    Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete