Monday, November 1, 2010

What you fear, you attract -- YUCK!

My biggest fear, as many of you already know, is fish. But besides that, it is the fear of disappointing people. So overwhelming is this "fear", that it has ruled much of my life (but let's not get into first marriages here!) :o)

Well, "it" strikes again. In my fear of disappointing people, I took on way too much for my little bakery so soon on it's development. The worst part is that I KNEW that I couldn't handle anything more and wasn't even sure how I was gonna get all of "this" done. I knew, but didn't want to say "no".

What you fear you attract.

I made a lot of mistakes this weekend in my attempt to please everyone. And in doing so, I did exactly what I fear -- I let people down. Darn it all.

Stuff and fluff.
Rats.
Poo.

Dear God, thank you for the lessons that mistakes teach us.

We pray in our family. Each night, we pray in thanksgiving to God for what we are thankful for that day. Sunday night, I was thankful that the weekend was over (did I just say that out loud?), I was thankful for incredible growth, I was thankful for all my talents given to me, and I was thankful for mistakes.

For, as I say to my daughter Gracey...in life there are no mistakes, only lessons.

I can't wait for school to be over! :o)

1 comment:

  1. I have always had a problem saying "no" to people but have gotten better at it over the years. I have learned not to say "yes" to people just to make them happy if I know it's going to make me UNHAPPY and miserable. I think most people know that you are pretty much a one-person operation at this point and there's only so much you can cram into any given day. By the way, you didn't make any mistakes on my last minute cake the other day, so cheer up!

    ReplyDelete