Wednesday, November 3, 2010

New Beginnings

It's a new week and I am letting last weekend go. Yesterday, a typically slower than molasses day in the bakery (which I don't mind because I get a chance to actually BAKE stuff), blew me out of the water! It was the third busiest day ever and I couldn't keep up no matter what I did. And, I should have known better cuz the voters vote in the Town Hall just across the street were out to send a message and apparently to buy bread and sweet rolls and anything else I could make fast enough! Holy Ma'an!


Then today, I got an email from the bride of the wedding cake from this past weekend. She said, "the cake was perfect...beautiful, delicious, amazing." I wish I could kiss her right now! Actually, I wish I could hug her. Made my night...heck, made my week! I don't do many wedding cakes anymore, but to make one that the bride thought was perfect? What more is there?


And simple things made my day too. I made, and I know you are going to laugh, the BEST BEST BEST Rice Krispie Treats (today) that I have ever, ever, ever had. Frankly, I think the original recipe stinks, so I tweaked it...a lot...and I gotta say -- they are absolutely worth you revisiting. Simple, I know, but we all like them for a reason and I always like to have a gluten free option for customers. Gluten free or not, they are Fab!


I'm also going to be introducing a Cookies & Cream torte this week. I made one for my church cake walk last weekend and did a little more experimenting and I think it is sooo fun and fantastic! It's like an Oreo all gourmet'd up and soft and moist and super duper creamy!


Hmmmm...suddenly, I'm hungry for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment