Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Adoration

I have this couple that comes in every week...sometimes 3 times per week -- no really! I'm in love with this couple. Deeply in love! I can not wait to see them every week. I can't wait to make a fresh pot of coffee when they walk in. I can't wait to bask in their love.

They are simply the most beautiful couple I have ever seen and I only first learned their names just this week (though they've been regulars since the beginning)! They are simply love. Dave and CeeCee (sp?) have been married for 37 years (just ask her, but not Dave!). And I would have guessed seven. Not 37...just 7. They seem to be literally basking in adoration for each other and she seems to be the most gentle creature God ever created and he is simply joy filled and cherishes his CeeCee.

They come in about a half hour before she needs to leave for work. Dave usually orders first and usually they each get two things and a cup of coffee. They don't ask me how many calories are in it or if it is loaded with fat, they just order what they want and usually they want a couple of things. And they sit at our tables and yell over to me (so I can hear over the oven), while I'm baking, about how good what they are having is and ask me all sorts of fun questions about it (like what's in it, how long does it take to make, etc.). But never, not ever, do they ask me anything about the calories or fat in it. They simply enjoy it. And they enjoy each other while they are enjoying their breakfast and coffee. Usually Dave and CeeCee get another cup of coffee to savor for the balance of their visit. A few more compliments (and moans from Dave) :o) are paid to me and sometimes we even talk about "life" together -- them at "their" table and me at my baking table.

And the entire time they are in my bakery, they are smiling. Soft, gentle, simple, real smiles. For their love for each other, for their love of all things tasty, for the sun flooding the window they sit in front of, but mostly because they, themselves, are love.

I've decided that I want to "be" Dave and CeeCee as I age gracefully with my husband. I want to enjoy moments of life without making up stories about how bad it is for me or will kill me earlier. I want to appreciate the joy of a sun filled room simply because I am there and in good and kind company. And I want to be simple. And I want to be love.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for Dave and CeeCee.
    Hooray for Sally who gives them a place to share their love.

    ReplyDelete