Wednesday, December 1, 2010

And it begins...

The first of the Christmas cookies went out today. Two customers actually wanted theirs already.

For me, I'm still not quite in the mood, but we decorated our house tonight w/ the girls and I think this Saturday will cement it for me. I have an expectation that there will be lots of kids out and about doing all the fun and festive things that the group of us in big ol' Genesee Depot have planned for them. I for one can say that I think our gingerbread house and men ornaments we have for them to decorate are really stinkin' pretty! I simply love them! And I can't wait to see all the kiddies having fun, playing in my kitchen!

I have a regular customer that I get to enjoy the company of nearly every day. His name is Jack and Jack is in a lot of severe pain from back surgeries -- sometimes, he can't even get the breath in his lungs to push the air past his vocal chords so I can hear him. I call him my Soft Talker and he giggles (very quietly) about that. Jack has a PhD in Psychiatry and retired a year ago. I was fascinated by this because I always wanted to be a Psychiatrist -- always, but didn't. Now I kinda do it with cookies, I guess! :o) Anyway, I decided that I am gonna save an ornament for Jack that I ask one of the kids to decorate for me this weekend.

I kinda hope it will be a sweet way to remind him that his entire day isn't all full of pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment