Thursday, December 2, 2010

Crickets

Today was the slowest day in the bakery since we opened three months and one day ago. Like, holy cow, where did all my customers go, slow. At one point I paused to remember that a week ago, I couldn't even take a break to go to the bathroom! Today, I am pretty sure that I went to the restroom more than I needed to -- just 'cuz I could.



I don't like being slow, and yet I do. I don't want to be slow because I already baked everything and I hate being wasteful. But in the absence of customers, I sure do get a lot of stuff baked! Now, there's a REAL Catch 22!



Judy at the CornerStone Restaurant told me to expect this - exactly this at exactly this time. I just don't want to. I want to believe that people want to support the local businesses as much as possible - I want to believe that people want to go to Judy's restaurant instead of to Olive Garden or TGIFridays. Not that we don't all need the business, I just would rather see the local (and historical) economy thrive.



I did ok today even with very few customers

No comments:

Post a Comment