Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I made it!

OK...so last week I wasn't so sure I was gonna come out "alive" and well enough to write another blog!

Now that I have grabbed your attention with the flare for the dramatic, I shall proceed. You see, the orders just kept coming and coming and coming and before you knew it, I looked at my little ol' oven and mixer and we had a Come to Jesus meeting.

I told them that our customers were expecting a lot out of them and we couldn't let them/you all down. Maggie (our mixer) seemed to struggle a teeny bit, grinding is a better description really. But she pulled (and kneaded and whipped) through it. Our oven (he doesn't have a name yet) did great! We are starting to call him "the little oven that could" and he does. I could not put into words the amount of bread and cookies and pies and cakes that kept coming out of my oven in a nonstop fashion. But I can say this -- it was literally TWICE as much as I thought possible!

So to all of my customers -- thank you for your orders. Thank you for working us so hard and letting us prove that we could do it. I was very prideful in all the products we produced this holiday baking season and I hope that we did you and your families proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment