Thursday, August 19, 2010

The floor is done!

So...this is what the bakery looked like on Monday morning....

And this is what it looks like today! The green post you see is the same post in all three shots.

Can you "see" it?

The floor is (mostly) done! What a difference hey? The holes in the back wall were patched today and will be done by tomorrow. Then I can finish painting the entire bakery and we can put the base molding down in the kitchen area. The counter is in the finishing stages too. Ben was putting up the face board today and will finish tomorrow and then he and my Dad are going to customize some trim pieces to finish off the edges.

The big sink and little hand sink will go along that back wall (where the holes were) and the oven, frig, mixer will go along the left side wall (opposite of the counter). The windows you see look out into the mall hallway. Hopefully one day that hallway will be brimming with excited customers!! :o)

2 comments:

  1. It is going to be so "sweete"! Not exactly the word I was looking for but it fits don't you think? I love the colors, warm & inviting, cheery, comfy, like a mom's kitchen.

    Are you going to mix, bake, and sell all in that area between the counter? Hmmm, I'm thinking you must be a much neater baker than I am. When I'm done, it often looks like it's been snowing in the kitchen.

    I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant stop smiling about this whole thing :) :D ;) :P :o) :) :D ;) :P :o)

    ReplyDelete