Thursday, August 12, 2010

The little things...

The bakery is flying! The rough plumbing and the electric are done and being inspected on Monday! HOLY CRUMBCAKES!! As I said yesterday - Amazing!

My sister in law, Lisa, is an Uber-Scrapbook Crafter (I think that is actually the job title they use!) :o) and she came up with this OH-SO-CUTE idea for my pricing signs and I JUST (today actually) got the clips/holders delivered. They are a cute Lucite aqua box that are just fun! I think they look fantastic with the little price signs!

I think this (the background around the price sign) is going to be my counter top. Dad has two boxes of this flooring leftover from a couple jobs of his and nothing he can use it for. So, at 3:00 in the morning (you know, right before he falls asleep for 3 hours) he had this epiphany that we (meaning HE) could make a counter top for me out of this beautiful flooring! I picked up a couple pieces to "mull it over" and I think I really like it. Originally I was going to do a chocolate brown counter top or that Boomerang counter top from centuries ago (c'mon -- you know your grandparents had that green counter top), but this is well, brown, and pretty and best of all - FREE, so I think to say it's growing on me would be a perfect statement.

Found a recipe for BAKED cake donuts -- no frying! I am SOOO excited to try them! If they are as good as I predict them to be, we may have our first HOT seller of the bakery! And what a genius concept -- all the flavor of donuts w/o the frying! Can't wait to make 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment