Monday, August 2, 2010

My 1st Rent Check

My first rent check is due today. I'm guessing THAT is what makes one feel official. I think it kinda sucks. Not that it is due, just that it is due before you have a chance to actually MAKE money. I know, it's the way of the world Sally.

Acknowledge and move on (as my friend Buttercup and I used to say all the time).

Today, the Tracey that I don't like to bring out much is sitting right under the surface of my skin. I can just feel it. She is waiting to put anyone in their place that gets in my way. I can just tell. And that's ok, cuz sometimes, people through their lack of respect for others, deserve her wrath. OK, I'm done talking in third person now -- kinda weirded me out a bit there. But come hell or high water today, I WILL have some answers on my permitting.

We have bought a bunch of equipment for the bakery this past week as well. We got to work with two lovely families that both had former restaurants and I have had the good fortune of being able to buy some of their equipment. We have our mixer now and our oven and one of our large work tables and a BUNCH of small items that were needed. I always name my mixers since they're such hard workers when I am baking. So I shall name this mixer Maggie after the lady I bought it from. Ironically, that is also the nickname I have for my "other daughter" in this world, Stefi (our foreign exchange student/daughter) from Mexico. I nicknamed Stef, Magdelena which is "Little Cupcake" in Spanish. I just know she will love that!

Jeanne (my original Cupcake) came and helped John and I in the bakery this weekend. We got almost all of the retail area painted - YEAH!! We had fun too! It's sooo nice having so many people that want to be a part of this adventure with our family. I have never felt LESS alone than I do now. It's a good life. Sa-Weet!

Hope your day is filled with indulgent little moments! ~ Sally

2 comments:

  1. I must say I love these cheery colors. I'm not sure, though, about all these cupcakes. I'm feeling kind of hungry. Like I want one of each. And I know there is carrot cake in the freezer. And I know I have no will power. I don't live anywhere near your Sweet Shoppe but I'll bet dollars to dougnuts, or oatmeal cookies, or chocolate eclairs, I'm gonna gain weight from your new venture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE the blog! its so fun!!!!! I'm so excited its all coming together! cant wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete