Monday, August 30, 2010

The opening is official!!

Our building inspector and fire inspector gave their blessings on our space today. Our B.I. also wanted to know what I will be making on Wednesday as he will have to bring a stash back to the office to share w/ all the towns-people (that work for the Town of Genesee Depot and in his building)! Now how fun is that?! He told me on numerous occasions that he wishes me well and that he promises to be a good customer of ours. Once again, could I BE doing this in a sweeter town? I don't think so!

I've booked my first corporate event. SO exciting!! I will be doing the desserts for an event that Great Lakes Distillery is hosting next Friday (I will post more on this tomorrow). GLD makes THE BEST Vodka I have ever put my lips on, so I am THRILLED to be doing this for them! I'm going to use their seasonal brews to concoct some fun stuff (Maple Rum and Pumpkin Whiskey). I'm also going to be doing all the decedent desserts for Three Sisters' first ever Night o'Decadence in October (more on that soon as well)!! I'm already dreaming of a Tiramisu Cupcake, a cinnamon chocolate truffle....mmmmm. I may book myself a spot at this event!! :o)

OK - gotta go to bed. Big day tomorrow. Don't have nearly all the things I would like to have completed by opening, but in the end, it's what gets put in their mouths that matter, so tomorrow is prep day. Got lots and lots and lots of doughs and batters to make!!

Sweet Dreams!!

No comments:

Post a Comment