Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What I Feel...

I'm not really sure what I feel tonight. Anxious. Sick. Excited. Can't tell. I'm definately NOT ready to open tomorrow, but "I'm as ready as I'll ever be", as they say. My cape was just not strong enough to get it all done and I'm trying to be ok about that. After all, it's a "soft opening" as "they" also say.

Soft my butt. There were like 50 people today alone looking in the windows, coming in to say HI (thank you, by the way - that was a fun break for me), coming over from the beauty salon with product in their hair (that was a hoot!), and the "walkers". And we weren't even open yet! Soft! Who are these "they" and why do they always have dumb things to say. "Soft opening".

I'm not happy that I'm not able to put my best foot out in front on the first day, but after all, I did just get my Certificate of Occupancy at 1:30 on Monday, so I guess I should be a little more generous with myself. We will have lovely, yummy things to offer our guests bright and early at 6:30 in the morning and throughout the day, I will make more good stuff and each day a little more and a litte more. It's all good.

Actually, it's all great! The bakery looks fun and sassy and beautiful. I've met some of the most wonderful "neighbors" one could ever have, and my buttercream absolutely rocks the world, so if I could just figure out how to work the cash register, we'd be all good! :o) (PS I WISH I was kidding!!) :o)

Sweet Dreams!! See you tomorrow!!

3 comments:

  1. You mean there's room for tables and chairs, too?
    Awesome!

    I'm so there with you in spirit.

    8:32 am. It's early for me but first thing I thought upon getting out of bed was that Sally had been up baking for hours.

    You rock, girlfriend. I love the way you've grown (not that I knew from whence your grew, but I can tell in your voice and confidence), that your excitement is catching, and that you make me feel like anyone (i.e. ME) can hop on that magic carpet of dreams and take off to places unknown - or known deep down inside but not quite aware.

    May the Great Creator bless each and every one of your creations with just the right amount of sugar, a touch of joy, a sprinkling of delight, and the desire for more. May you also be blessed in every way.

    Now go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your Grand Opening! Hope everything is going well! Sorry I couldn't be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your cute new place! Can't wait to visit. I live on Depot Rd (I'm Leah-with-the-grandmother's mom). We're all so excited to have a fun bakery! Yummmmm! --Judy Teske

    ReplyDelete