Wednesday, September 1, 2010

This Sweet Little Town was DYING for a Bakery!

Look -- I'm too tired to blog, but I just have to give a quick report and say a few things about this decision of mine. :o)

First, what an amazing day! I sold out of ALL of my product for today and got as much in the oven as I could of the doughs I made for tomorrow only to sell out AGAIN! That is simply amazing. And I didn't make a little -- I made A LOT!! I'm happy and embarrassed at the same time. I had to close the bakery at 1:20 because truly, I was OUT of bakery! OUT! The people that showed up with their sassy pants on to visit my bakery were out of this world! From my first customers at 6:30 sharp this am until I left at 7:00 and was still welcoming folks in to at least see the bakery -- even though I had nothing to offer them. This town has gone overboard to welcome me and my "art"!!

Second -- I WILL post pictures of my amazing day, but will have to wait a day or so...including my first customers (Joyce and Jeff). And I really want to tell you about Harry (again) and Charlie, and Donna, and on and on and on. So, I will, but not tonight cuz I'm pooped.

And lastly...my friend Billy came up this morning to "spend the day" with his Sally. He cleaned and made the most beautiful Caramel Apples (that sold out by the way -- EVEN after i was closed!!) and just helped me ALL day, ALL day long. How do you tell someone how much you appreciate them, their energy, their creativity and their love. I have no idea...so I just said thank you and that I loved him. What a gift he was to me today, and as many of my customers will tell you, I had no idea how much I would need him!

I am so blessed. I am so loved. I am so thankful. AND, I am SOOO happy to make my "home" in Genesee Depot...the little town that I used to come to as a little girl to get ice cream at the ice cream parlor (now the Genesee Depot Cafe) and now, I hope I AM that little place that all these people will someday say they went to when they were little!

What an amazing day! Sweet Dreams!

1 comment:

  1. oh yeah, Genesee Depot needed a bakery!! I love yummy treats and cookies and everything. I came in this morning and introduced myself, and ate a couple samples.... it sure is delicious!! Can't wait to try all the other goodies you have been baking up! Congratulations on your new business, that I sure will be very successful!
    Tara (Teske) Lloyd

    ReplyDelete