Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Celebrations!

Well, today was our one week anniversary and our very first customers came in again today to indulge a little (thanks Joyce and Jeff!!). It got me thinking, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have pictures of the different celebration treats and cakes I make WITH the recipient -- not just of the cake! I don't want to remember the cake I made, I want to know how it touched the person that it honored! You know?

I mean really...think about how much thought you put into making the decisions about the special cakes/cookies you order - colors, what it says, flavors, and why you pick them. It's a special thing.

So, in that light, I received this picture from my good friend, Carole. She turned 41 on Sept. 1st and while it was a very big and busy day for me at the bakery (our opening day), she still came to pop in on HER special day to see how MY special day was going. I was ready for her and then she thanked me by sharing this picture with me. And doesn't it just say it all?

I love this new "tradition". I hope all of our customers will do this for me! It made my day and I loved being there ~ in a way!

No comments:

Post a Comment