Monday, September 13, 2010

Mondays

We were open today for our first Monday. I know this is probably wrong, but I prayed that the "rumors" would be true and that Monday would prove to be a day that I could close the shop so I could have a day off. Well they were definitely right - it was slower than molasses in the bakery today.

Judy at Cornerstone Restaurant, who I have come to trust the sage advice of and five years of experience in this sweet little town, told me it's one of her best days due to the fact that so many of the other businesses are closed and told me to make sure I tested the waters before deciding to be closed for sure. I sure am thankful for her and glad I did so I don't have to worry on my days off IF I had made the right decision.

I'm excited about what I did get done this weekend and today. The new cooler case actually has some delicious desserts in it as we speak, there are four different kinds of cookies in the dry case and Kelly and I made Lemon Bars and Cream Cheese Brownies among other items today as well. It's starting to look and feel like a bakery!!

I'm going to make DILL BREAD tomorrow! Feel free to call if you want some saved!

Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment