Monday, September 20, 2010

Ahhhhh...

So today is my first real "day off" since opening the bakery (and who are we kiddin', since weeks before that too). I woke up this morning and felt a little like saying "ahh". It's good to rest. Good to take breaks. Good to recharge. And while I certainly no longer have a job where people are angry about what isn't working on their home or their store we just built or are building, I still need to know that I have the time to manage and make the other parts of my life work (like laundry, our home, our meal plans, my other obligations). It's good to have balance.

It's also good for me because when I'm away from the "doing" I can start "being" again. I can "BE" creative, BE energized, BE organized, BE ready for all the doing that will begin again tomorrow. When I was at the log home company, our President (and my now friend) said to me, "when you are ready to stop DOING everything and start BEING everything, this company will soar". I didn't get that, entirely, then, but I so do now. For if I stopped doing all these tasks myself and taught others on my team(s) how to do them great, the company would have that many more people doing a great job. Right now, obviously, it's only me doing it all, but on my days off, I will use my energy to create new ways of the bakery to be and someday, God (and the sweet little town of Genesee Depot) willing, I will have staff and create lots of little Sally Sunshines to joyfully create treats and moments for our customers.

And I've already had my first creative idea! I'm thinking about offering more savory items for breakfast such as a quiche of the day and "hot pockets" (breakfast sandwiches wrapped in bread dough and baked). Something I must try soon!

My baby sister has left us and while I am sooo sad to see her go home, I'm so happy she got to be here to see our little bakery and I was glad I got to see her face light up when she saw it! We also got our framed photographic art on the walls this weekend. I'm excited to have my own little "art gallery" on our walls. All of the pictures are taken by Captured Moments and all (except the ones given to me as a sweet gift) :o) are for sale. I think they are simply lovely!

Hope to see you all again...TOMORROW! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment