Tuesday, September 28, 2010

He Came Back

So today, the man I KNEW must have bought one of the under baked loaves of bread last week came back to the bakery. I saw his big maroon, Ram truck pull in front of my window and my heart leaped. I can make it up to him, I thought! (Then I thought, ma'an I need help -- I should NOT remember this man or what he drives....)

He came in and I immediately said to him, "Sir, I believe I owe you a loaf a bread." To which he replied, "Why, because you under baked it?"

"Why yes."

"No you don't young lady...I toasted every last piece of that bread and it was just fine toasted."

How can one person be so gracious?! I don't know, but I can tell you this, I aspire to be like him. He leaves to drive back to Nevada tomorrow and I may never see him again. But he has left an impression on my heart and a lesson in kindness that I shall not soon forget. He bought another loaf of bread and a box full of goodies to take with him on the drive.

I'll say it again...I have the WORLD'S BEST CUSTOMERS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment