Monday, September 6, 2010

Meet Sally's First Customers!

Been meaning to do this all week!

Went to the bakery for my first day of work around 5:00 in the morning on Wednesday (thinking I would be able to make enough bakery for our "soft opening" day). I was anxiously watching the clock while baking and then 6:27 am came around - three minutes until opening. Will they come? Will this work? Was I outta my mind for thinking this would work?

I prepared to go put the coffee out in the pot and then take the flag out and turn the OPEN sign around for the first time.

I never got it there -- with any of it! As I looked out of my big ol' picture window, I see a cute couple doing sign language outside of window -- I'm pretty sure it was the universal signs for "Are you open yet and is the coffee brewed?". I signed back - "Yes, of course, come in - I'll get the door"!

So now, when I tell the story of how Sally's Sweet Shoppe began, I can tell the story by saying, "they were waiting for me to open"! And they were! Meet Joyce and Jeff...Sally's Sweet Shoppe's very first customers! (didn't get a picture of their doggie, but around Christmas time, I hope they'll bring him back for homemade doggie treats!!!). Welcome to history (I hope) Joyce & Jeff! Thanks for making my day and my story that much sweeter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment