Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day Two

Well, day two was just as fabulous as Day One, only less hectic. We sold out of all the morning pastries before lunch and that is always a good thing (cuz I hate waste) and I started to get stuff filled inside of the pretty display case in front. I say started cuz we sold it faster than I could put it in the case! No REALLY!! Simply fantastic.

I need to make more bread though. I wasn't planning on doing a lot of breads because we have a great bread bakery just about 5 minutes away and I thought people were good with that. And they are from the standpoint of "yes it's good bread", but not from "but it's not here right now". So, I get that - or rather am getting that. And I will make more bread.

Had a suggestion from a customer today that I liked. Once we get rolling and have a grip on what we are doing, she would like to see regular stuff on certain days. Such as: On Tuesdays, she knows she can count on the dill bread. And she's right, that's what customers like, want, need. So I shall.

The getting a grip...that's the hard part! :o) Well, at least I learned how to punch a sale into the cash register. Can't figure out how to punch in the change to give, but I was good in math in school! :o)

Love the suggestions that customers are sharing with me. LOVE that they are sharing!! Love that they think of it as THEIR bakery (cuz it is) and are willing to boss me around a little. I don't mind, I can handle it. In fact, I think I am going to start a suggestion reward program at the bakery. If someone makes a suggestion, and it becomes successful for our bakery, I would like to reward them for their keen marketing advice by making them a dessert of their choice! How fun would that be -- for both of us!! FUN!

So much good energy...so many Sa-Weet people! So need to go to bed! ;o) See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. what a day!! TWO VERY successful days in a row!! keep it going. I think that suggestion reward thing is a good idea.. I think it will bring this small town even closer together! you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you came back for Day 2! Glad everything is going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you thought your happiness was landing that "corporate" job. The world would have missed out on your sweetness.....in so many ways!!

    WOOHOO Sally!!!!!!

    CONGRATULATIONS on your opening and many, many, many wishes for your continued success!!

    ReplyDelete