Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Whoopee Pies!

I made my version of Whoopee Pies today and they look so scrumptious! I hope they will be a hit! I also made a raspberry cream cheese torte today that stands about a mile high and the Cornerstone is wanting to sell it! How great is that?!

It was VERY slow in the bakery today. Like shockingly slow. Thus the reason I was able to find time to make these great yummy desserts. But it did play with my (I'm a first born) ego - bad! All day I kept thinking that people were upset because I didn't have enough to offer and I know I am getting more and more and more in the cases, but you only get one first chance, right? I hope that's not the case and that today is just a weird Tuesday. Although, the bakery's loss is the Cross Country team's gain as they are having a bake sale today at my daughter's meet, so guess who's gonna get a lot of stuff to sell!? :o) Well, you gotta look to the positive, right?

We (The Cornerstone Restaurant & Sally's Sweet Shoppe) will be starting to serve Hot Ham & Rolls THIS SUNDAY!! I'm excited about this! First because I love being in partnership with the local businesses and secondly because, HELLO -- it's Hot Ham and Rolls!! I am going to be making our Hard Rolls AND our Dill Rolls to offer. I wanted to do something different for our customers -- something they can't get at the store, etc. I hope this is a hit because I would love to continue to do it!

Well, gotta run to the Cross Country meet -- there's bakery to sell after all!! :o)

2 comments:

  1. if i can get there in time before my boys' bus comes, i will bring them in there for a morning treat!! see ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be too bummed over the slow day. I'm sure that even though the initial excitement over having a bakery in town has died down, you'll develop a good following. I can't get in there during the week because of my work schedule, but I'm going to try to make it there most weekends! Plus I'm sure I'll be ordering Cookie Concoctions and birthday cakes from you! Hot ham and rolls sounds great too!

    ReplyDelete