Friday, August 13, 2010

The week in review

The girls called tonight from Boston. They are on vacation with their other parents and they had a few neat things to tell us about their trip. Then, Gracey (Gracey is our oldest...her name is Anna Grace...but I just call her Gracey and that's all...) asked "So, how's the bakery coming along?". YEAH!! Well, if you must know, and I think you must....

The plumbing and electrical will be inspected on Monday. Papa Hohe will start installing the flooring and start building the counter top on Monday. Daddy and I will be spending the weekend at the bakery cleaning up the equipment, moving everything to the hallway to clear the space for the flooring install, painting the kitchen area walls that can be painted, clean up and repaint the mall entrance that our customers will be using to get to our suite (look, I'm kind of a prideful person...I like things to look nice and so no I do not own the building, but I still do take pride in what my customers will experience when coming to the bakery) as there are about 2,000 spiders to clean up, prepping the floor, touch-up painting the walls I already painted that got dinged, and on and on and on. Good stuff!

I think we will be open by Labor Day. There I said it. No take backs! Well, we're gonna try any ol' way!

And Gracey, if you're reading this -- thanks for asking honey! I can't wait to show you and C all the work we did when you get home on Tuesday!! :o)

1 comment:

  1. Labor Day seems like a good day to start your new venture. There will be lots of labor in your future, but I'm guessing there will lots of fun and satisfaction also.

    ReplyDelete