Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Over Delivering

OK...did I enter a new world of a different dimension? Again, I have been in the construction industry since 1994. For the last week, people have been promising me that they will be working or something important will be delivered for a certain date. And (I should really be sitting for this...oh, I am....) EVERY SINGLE TIME they have exceeded my expectations! They have come a day early (or when they were supposed to, which alone is a miracle), they have delivered ahead of schedule, they have done more than they were asked, or I received more than I was promised. EVERY DAY for the past week!

My sink was delivered a day early. My plumber just happened to get some cosmic wave from the universe and showed up a day early to install it. My refrigerator is TWICE the size of the original one I wanted, is nearly brand new, and cost me only $100 more! My electrician decided to change out ALL the outlets in the entire bakery so that the old ones would look as pretty (yes, they can be pretty) as the new ones. My Dad and Ben created the coolest counter top wall shelf thingee in one day's work! I found a company that I can order small quantities of items instead of by the thousands and they are so reasonable that when needed I WILL order the thousands!

I simply can't believe how well this is going. I can't. I'm waiting to wake up and have someone tell me to get to work 'cuz somehow I fell behind. It is simply amazing me. The Lord must really want to make sure my plan is executed by August! :o)

Here are some pictures of the progress! The "castle" wall, as we called it, came down on Monday morning as did the little 1/2 wall by the office. In it's place is a wide open expanse so people can see the work in action! The new counter top for serving the customers is what Dad and his guys are building from post to post parallel to the inside window wall. I can actually see and feel it already!

Simply amazing isn't it?!


The door where all the customers will come in!!

1 comment:

  1. Probably because of the place I'm in with my dad, but I am touched that your dad is such a big part of your new venture.

    If I remember right this whole cookie thing started with a reading. I'm guessing the stars or cards weren't too far off when they picked August for your opening. Just go with the flow!

    I'm getting very excited from afar!

    ReplyDelete